- About Our School
About Our School
Westville is located in the northeastern corner of Gloucester County. It is a small residential community with approximately 4,500 residents.
Parkview Elementary School, home of the Panthers, is the neighborhood school for approximately 375 students enrolled in Preschool through Sixth grade. Upon reaching seventh grade, Westville students attend Gateway Regional High
School in Woodbury Heights. A wide range of services and a diverse curriculum are offered to the students enrolled in our school.
• Technology continues to be integrated into all aspects of the school community. Our 1:1 Chromebook initiative reaches students in Kindergarten through 6th grade.
• Teachers employ a Balanced Literacy approach while teaching the New Jersey Student Learning Standards. Writing is integrated into reading to help students develop their own ideas and apply skills and strategies they have learned to new situations. Students
are exposed to a variety of literature, both fiction and non-fiction designed to create a love of reading while promoting critical thinking skills.
• Students continue to develop mathematical skills aligned to the New Jersey Student Learning Standards. This hands-on interactive approach to learning math challenges students and promotes critical thinking.
• Students participate in a daily intervention block as a Response to Intervention Tool. Interventions and enrichment opportunities are provided in a cycle format enabling students a variety of opportunities.
• Social and emotional learning is integrated throughout our school program. We strive to assist children and adults to understand and manage emotions, set and achieve positive goals, feel and show empathy for others, establish and maintain positive relationships, and make responsible decisions.